Download our Verrutop information pack
What is Verrutop?
Verrutop is a relatively new medication which is used for the treatment of verrucas and warts. It uses a Nitrizinc complex which is applied to the verruca/wart. Verrutop works by drying up and desiccation of the lesions, which aids cell death. This aids reduction and usually subsequent removal of the verruca.
Who can benefit from Verrutop?
Those with smaller verruca who want to eradicate them. Smaller lesions, or verruca/warts which are raised (these tend to occur on the tops of toes or feet usually) are the most suitable to be treated.
What does Verrutop involve?
A podiatrist will initially perform a thorough assessment of the lesion, this will include taking a visual examination of the lesion. They will also take a social, medical and occupational history. If Verrutop is indicated to be the most suited treatment going forward treatment can then commence. Initially, the overlying hard skin on top of the verruca will be reduced with a scalpel, this is usually painless but may bleed sometimes, this is normal. After scalpel reduction, the Verrutop is then applied a few times and left to dry, again, this is usually painless but some individuals may report a slight stinging or burning sensation to the area which subsides that day
How effective is it?
The manufacturers of Verrutop state that following clinical trials the efficacy rate is 90% following 6 applications of Verrutop. Although this is high, there is still no 100% guarantee the verrua will clear, which is the case for any verruca treatments
What are the benefits of Verrutop?
- Quick and usually painless treatment
- No need to keep foot dry after treatment
- Can return to normal activities shortly after treatment
- Eliminates risk of spreading verruca to others
Similar treatments / services that could help?
There are many different treatment options for treating verruca, similar options are:
- Watch and wait:if you have a verruca that is not painful, there is a chance the body kills the virus on its own. In the mean-time, your podiatrist can remove the overlying surface of the verruca. Sometimes the verruca may bleed during this, this is quite normal; it is due to the blood vessels (which appear as black dots) within the verruca bursting.
- Salicylic Acid (available at all our clinics)
- Cryotherapy (available at all our clinics)
- Needling (check with the office if this is available if interested)
- SWIFT Microwave Treatment for Verruca (check with the office if this is available if interested)
- Verrutop (check with the office if this is available if interested)
- Debridement (available at all our clinics)
- Surgical removal (with a surgeon)
If you would like further information regarding prices or about the treatment, please see above PDF information pack, or get in touch with our customer service team who will be happy to help. If you would like to speak to a podiatrist before arranging an assessment this can also be arranged.
For more information on potential verruca treatments please see our verruca treatment options page.
We also offer SWIFT verruca treatment.
To receive podiatry treatment for your verruca you can arrange an appointment by emailing us on firstname.lastname@example.org or call 0330 088 4222.
Save 5% by booking an appointment online.
We work with:
Get in Touch!
0330 088 4222
If you would like to speak to one of our specialists then please complete this form.
We are open 7 days a week