Footwear adaptations are adjustments made to footwear in order to alleviate the symptoms of a number of different conditions affecting the foot and lower limb.
What are footwear adaptations?
Footwear adaptations are a form of orthotic intervention in which modifications are made to the inside or outside of the shoe to treat a variety of different podiatry related conditions.These adaptations are designed to provide the foot with greater support and control the way in which the foot functions during gait (walking).
The type of adaptation required will vary depending on the individual patient and their main presenting problem.
What podiatry-related conditions are prescription insoles used for?
Prescription insoles can be used in the management of a number of different podiatry related conditions including;
- Rheumatoid arthritis
- Leg length discrepancies
- Other forms of fixed deformity
What are the benefits of footwear adaptations?
The following are some of the benefits of adapting footwear;
- Almost any kind of footwear can be adapted
- Provides better stability at the foot
- Provides relief from any pain or discomfort
- Accommodates any deformities of the foot caused by conditions such as rheumatoid arthritis
When are footwear adaptations required?
Footwear adaptations may be required in the following circumstances;
- When the maximum amount of control provided by an orthotic device is insufficient
- When other forms of treatment have been unsuccessful
- When footwear cannot be found to meet the patients personal needs
- When an unusual fit is required
Similar treatments/services that could help
Our podiatrists can recommend other services such as Biomechanical assessments, prescription insoles and Insole modifications to help in the treatment of each individual condition. They may also be able to offer advice and education on your condition and the best management route to suit individual needs.
To arrange an appointment now, please e-mail email@example.com or call 0330 088 4222.
Save £5 by booking an appointment online.
£80 £75 for biomechanical assessment
Book an appointment online and save £5 off your first appointment.
We work with:
Get in Touch!
0330 088 4222
If you would like to speak to one of our specialists then please complete this form.
We are open 7 days a week